Thursday, August 16, 2012

2 More Weeks To Go

We are starting to count down the days till "Baby Sesame"'s arrival!

Nathan has been super excited about the new baby ever since we made the announcement back in February.  He has been talking to his new baby brother/sister regularly, usually first thing in the morning or "good night, baby sesame" before going to bed.  We brought Nathan with us to the 20 week ultrasound and he managed to stay interested for the first 40 minutes. Sesame was very active during the ultrasound and was caught trying to suck his/her thumb:


Evan on the other hand doesn't quite understand the concept of baby yet.  When I first told him I have a baby in my tummy now, his reply was "I have a baby in my tummy too!"  As I get bigger it's close to impossible for me to carry him, and that's probably been the biggest impact on Evan.  He often says to me, "After baby sesame comes out, you can carry me again mommy... yay!"

James and I decided not to find out the gender of the baby this time since this is our last chance for a surprise.  It's been especially hard in the last couple weeks after starting maternity leave and every person I talk too would ask if it's a boy/girl.  Sometimes people would guess based on shape of my belly and so far there's been a lot more boy guesses and girl's.  I guess we will find out soon!

One of the few things I got for myself during this pregnancy was a Google+ pregnancy shirt that says "+1" on the belly.  It received many compliments, often from total strangers, and by far my favorite maternity shirt since it's super comfortable too.  Nathan even drew a cute picture of me, James, and himself with +1 too:

And a picture of the actual shirt:





1 comment: